Quotes are my thing. I see a quote, I love it- totally relatable, I don’t write it down, I forget about it. Exactly in that order.
So I have a list of quotes here which I liked on Goodreads, and I am sure I would have liked a lot more quotes than these and then forgot all about it. So let’s jump to the only things that can brighten anyone’s day- Quotes.
- “I want to be held and told my name. I want to be valued, in ways that I am not; I want to be more than valuable. I repeat my former name; remind myself of what I once could do, how others saw me. I want to steal something.”- Margaret Atwood
- “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” – J.K. Rowling
- “Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
“After all this time?”
“Always,” said Snape.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?” –Haruki Murakami
- “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” ― Roald Dahl
- “This is the problem with making a thing forbidden. It does nothing but build an ache in the heart.” Haruki Murakami
- Love is never enough. Madness is enough. It is complete, sufficient unto itself. You can only stand outside it as a woman might stand outside a prison in which her lover is locked up. From time to time, a well-loved face will peer out and love floods back. A scrap of cloth flutters and it becomes a sign and a code and a message and all that you want it to be. Then it vanishes and you are outside the dark tower again.- Em and The Big Hoom
- “Nothing changes, Vasya. Things are, or they are not. Magic is forgetting that something ever was other than as you willed it.”-The Bear and The Nightingale
- “Love is like milk. With the passage of time, it sours, splits and becomes poison.”-The Poison of Love
- “Sometimes the world doesn’t give you what you need, no matter how hard you look. Sometimes it withholds.”- Jesmyn Ward
Link your posts in the comments below and let’s talk more about these incredible quotes and authors 🙂